Sunday, January 29, 2023

WEEK 3 Discussion

 In this week's discussion I chose the "Integrating" stage in Knapps's relationship model. I decided to use the Integration stage because that's what best fits our relationship.  We are in a committed long-distance relationship and have been for around a year and a half. We met our senior year of high school and now she goes to school in Washington state at Gonzaga and I am here in Oregon. 



We don't get the chance to see each other often so we call and text as much as possible. It's definitely hard to carry a relationship that started in high school into college, however we have been finding new ways to make calls texts or even communication more fun. I think having a balance to physical representations of appreciation as well as verbal confirmation is a great way to stay in a healthy relationship. Integrating different ways of love or affection can not only keep things interesting but it also can be fun. I remember putting together a box of my cloths and other presents to ship to her, it was adorable seeing her open up the box over facetime.  We are growing into our own lives and I'm super excited for our future and this upcoming year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 10

Methodology is essentially the study of research methods.  Wikipedia defines a method as a structured procedure in order to accomplish a goa...